How to Start Your Blog in 5 Easy Steps
Starting a blog is one of the best decision that you can make if you want to start making money online. There are different ways to make money online but blogging is one of the proven ways that can consistently help you make money. When I was starting to look for ways to make money online there are a lot out there and it becomes too confusing especially if you don’t have a guide to go with.
Fear not! I have documented the step by step process that I took when I first started one of my blogs. Below is the summary and I also made a detailed guide that you can download for FREE.
I hope this FREE guide can help anyone that would like to start their own blog and also earn them a full-time income!
We wrote this free guide to help you learn how to create a blog without any website coding skills or having to pay an expensive web developer to do it for you (because who has an extra $2,000 laying around?).
Below are the 5 basic steps. Please make sure to download the guide for more comprehensive and detailed steps
1. Choose your Blog Topic
Choosing the topic that you want to blog about should not be an ordeal, you can make this as a fun part of the process. Make sure that you pick a topic that you like and passionate about or at least want to talk about it. Remember you will be writing and educating your reader as you write to your blog, so it’s best that you like and enjoy what you are writing about.
I talked about the top niche blog topics that are proven to make money online on the guide so make sure to get the free guide.
2. Build Your Blog
To most this is the hard part and this is where they get all confused. I think this is because where the technical stuff comes in which scares most people. But if you find the correct platform this is actually a very easy step if you pick the correct platform.
You only need two things to build your blog
- Hosting and domain name– Just like buying a lot for a new home, you need to buy a space on the internet for your new blog to be set up. A blogging host helps you buy and secure this lot!
- Blogging Platform – This is were you will be using to create your blog, design your blog site. We use WordPress for this, WordPress is the best blogging platform for a newbie very user friendly and there are a lot of tools that can be integrated to it.
For this combination I use WordPress and Bluehost as this combination is the perfect combination for a beginner blogger like you.
Check out Bluehost here and checkout the coupon that we have and start your hosting for $2.95/month with FREE Domain name.
I have done a Step by Step Bluehost Setup and WordPress walkthrough on the FREE Guide so make sure to download it.
How to Start A Blog: FREE Step by Step Guide
3. Publish your First Blog Post
Now that you have your Blog topic selected and blog platform and hosting setup, you are ready to create your first Blog post. This is the exciting part!
What should my first blog post be about?
Your first post can be about whatever you want, but we recommend keeping it simple and introducing yourself to your audience. Tell them a little bit about yourself and why you started your blog.
Get started on writing that post, have fun and be creative!
4. Learn How to Get Visitors to Your Blog
Now that you are all set and ready to create those wonderful blog post you need to start learning how to get visitors to your blog. You can write the best blog post and have the great articles but if you don’t have visitors reading your blogs then that does not work right? So let’s get to it.
There are a lot of possible ways to get traffic to your brand new website, most of the new bloggers goes to facebook and instagram first because they are the most widely used platform, but they are also the most competitive and not necessarily ideal for driving traffic to blogs.
Youtube is also one of the traffic source that most new bloggers flock to, don’t get me wrong Youtube is one of the best traffic sources if you like creating videos but if youre not I totally get it!
When I first started I go on all social media platform (facebook, instagram, twitter, and even tried youtube at first) but I think the best advise that I can give is if you are just starting make sure that you concentrate on one platform to drive traffic to your site. Master that platform before moving to the next.
The best platform to start getting traffic to your blog is Pinterest.
Pinterest is by far the most successful platform to drive traffic to your blogs. There are new bloggers who makes a fortune just by using pinterest. Download the FREE Guide to get in-depth information on how I use pinterest.
5. Monetize your Blog
Now we are on the good stuff 🙂 I know that you might just want to start your blog to show the world your passion or to share your knowledge. But let’s face it will it be better if you are making money while doing what you love? Of course Yes! 🙂
There are a lot of possible ways to make money on your blog.
- Ads – You can start with Google Adsense, but as you grow your visitors you can apply to a much better Ad network that pays better than adsense.
- Sponsored Post – Another way that many new bloggers supplement their income is through sponsored posts, which is when you get paid to write and publish an article for someone (featuring their company in the article) on your blog.
- Affiliate Marketing – is when you sell other people’s products on your website and earn a percentage of the purchase price as a commission.
- Creating Your Own Products – this is the final of them all, new bloggers don’t usually do this at first but it would be better to keep it in mind as you go along your way.
That’s it! Those are the 5 Easy Steps to Start your Blog. Don’t forget to download our FREE Guide on How to Start Your Blog.